Friday, November 8, 2013

Squeezing in a Quick Round: Part 1

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."  ~Mark Twain

     Welcome to another rendition of GET SOME Golf! In today's post, I would like to focus in on something that could be quite controversial: the best courses in the United States. Given there are over thousands of courses to choose from, there are some courses that golfers alike will not forget when the play there. So for today's topic, I'm going to list what my favorite courses are (whether I have played them or not).

The 18th Hole at The Old White TPC at the Greenbrier.
     I have five courses that I know of that are truly by far my favorite and my dream places to play. Kicking it off on number five would be: The Old White TPC at the Greenbrier. I originally grew up in West Virginia and I have played at the Greenbrier. It was remarkable, the people were very friendly and made you feel at home on the golf course! The views on the Old White are amazing and is definitely worth the time to squeeze in a quick round. For more information, please visit their site at: http://www.greenbrier.com/Golf/The-Golf-Club/The-Old-White-TPC.aspx

The 9th hole at Pinehurst #2
     My fourth favorite course is: Pinehurst #2. Pinehurst is a resort in North Carolina that has 8 courses all built by different renowned architects of the previous centuries. The second course was originally constructed by Donald Ross, but was later modified and extensively restored by Ben Coore and Ben Crenshaw to make the course to the way it originally was meant. I almost had the opportunity to play there right before the pros get there for the 2014 US Open Championship, but because of the dates that the course was going to be closed and I would be on spring break from college, I sadly can not play there. None the less, the course is still immaculate and is truly the home of architect Donald Ross. For more information about the course, please visit: http://www.pinehurst.com/nc-golf-courses.php


The 9th Hole at Pebble Beach Golf Links.
     In third place for my favorite courses is: Pebble Beach Golf Links. I love the landscape of the course and wish I could play it everyday! There is so much valuable history behind this course and thinking that anyone has the opportunity to play where the professional golfers did is quite a different feeling if I made add. It is one of the top public courses in America and is even played on simulators and video games everywhere. Please visit: http://www.pebblebeach.com/golf/pebble-beach-golf-links for more information.

     Please read the next post for my top two favorite golf courses and the opportunity to comment on your favorite courses of all time.

     Thanks for reading "GET SOME Golf!" Please pass this along to your playing partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment